Monday, January 25, 2010

New Blog, New Life

To any of the readers who randomly stumble into this blog, and you're almost all certainly my family members or Michael5000 readers, it's time for a little update.

About a year ago I found myself on the outside of the Fortune 200 company I worked for for 14+ years. Since then I've provided some support for a small company in Houston and restored some of my old programming skills. I've also been close to landing a couple CIO positions for small companies. Close, but not close enough.

As soon as the job change occurred, I thought about opening a restaurant. But with no actual restaurant experience and a horrible economy, that got back burnered.

I did however, begin a project in the food world. I say project because it's not going to be an income producing venture for a while, but may provide a foundation for a food-related career change.

In November I launched the Weekly Recipe Review newsletter. My message is geared to the everyday cook, who wishes they more time to cook, or feel that cooking is too time consuming, or simply want to improve their cooking skills. It's not high end stuff, but rather support to make everyday tastier and more reliable.

I've got about 500 subscribers, and continue to add more each week (in fact each day).

You can find my newsletters and the associated website at http://www.recipereview.biz/. On the home page you can sign up for the email version of the newsletter, which is free and published weekly.

I also put the weekly content onto a blog, so that it can be distributed via amazon to Kindle users. That blog is at http://www.beabettercook.blogspot.com/.

People have been really enjoying the newsletter, and I've got some nice changes and additions to the website that should be helpful to my readers. I hope you check it out and sign up for the newsletter.

No comments: